Tuesday, December 21, 2010

What God Meant

What God Meant
Author Unknown

What do I think God meant when He gave me infertility?

I think He meant for my husband and I to grow closer, become stronger, love deeper.

I think God meant for us to find the fortitude within ourselves to get up every time infertility knocks us down.

I think God meant for our medical community to discover medicines, invent medical equipment, create procedures and protocols.

I think God meant for us to find a cure for fertility.

No, God never meant for me to not have children.

That's not my destiny; that's just a fork in the road I'm on.

I've been placed on the road less traveled, and like it or not, I'm a better person for it.

Clearly, God meant for me to develop more compassion, deeper courage, and greater inner strength on this journey to resolution, and I haven't let Him down.

Frankly, if the truth be known, I think God singled me out for special treatment.

I think God meant for me to build a thirst for a child so strong and so deep that when that baby is finally placed in my arms, it will be the longest, coolest, most refreshing drink I've ever known.

While I would never have chosen infertility, I cannot deny that a fertile woman could ever experience the joy that I know awaits me.

Yes, one way or another, I will have a baby of my own.

And the next time someone wants to offer me unsolicited advice, I'll say, "Don't tell me what God meant when He handed me infertility. I already know."

8 comments:

  1. love this! thanks for posting!
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. Believe it or not infertility does have its benefits. I think this poem outlines them very well. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both Jen's have literally have been to hell and back regarding infertility...

    We are here to share our stories so that you KNOW that you WILL BE A MOMMY.. one way or another, you just have to trust in God- we have 14 kids between us to show that this trust in God works!!!!

    Hugs and Merry CHRISTmas to all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sit here typing with tears in my eyes..thank you so much for that beautiful poem. I am looking forward to reading your blog about your journeys. I have had 3 IUI's, 1 converted IVF to IUI and 2 IVF's with no success. On Christmas day my donor started her meds for our donor eggs. So next week at this time we will be heading down the DE path praying for success this time around. Happy New year and thanks so much for this blog..it is refreshing to know there are others that are willing to share their journey being so personal and emotional...god bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi. I gave you n award. Please ead to my blog to learn about it. Thank you for setting up this blog (and fb age) and allowing me to follow your journies. :)

    ReplyDelete